05 August 2008

Michelle Obama at ODU

I'm quite excited that the city of Norfolk and Old Dominion University are hosting a round table meeting giving Army wives an audience with Michelle Obama. USA Today reported that she is being given Virginia hospitality by our Governor, Tim Kaine, as he is 'at her elbow'.

Both my Pirate and I raised an eyebrow, as the possibility of an upcoming announcement of Vice Presidential candidate dare I say Timothy M. Kaine has been brought up, much to my delight.

I speak for myself when I say I truly hope that Kaine will be on the Democratic ticket. This is the first election where I will be voting Democrat, and this is a very big deal to me. I have been raised and have voted all of my life as a Republican.

Then I went to college (at ODU, by the way).

I learned about a wide range of issues both domestic and global, and most importantly learned how I felt about these issues. I hate to say it, but I voted without really knowing the depth of my part. I realize this now, and I really believe that Barack and Michelle Obama, (and hoping the Kaine family, also) will really be the balm that America needs to heal up and move forward.

Virginia's sons and daughters have shaped history for centuries; I know Virginia has more to give the world. There is no better time than now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails