23 April 2012

An Inch of Rain, A Drop of Time

I heard on the local news that September '11 was the last time we've had an more than an inch of rain with one system, in this area.

Here in the swamp, we got 1.73 inches yesterday. A veritable deluge, comparatively.

It has been the same length of time since I blogged Barefoot. Much has happened since then, maybe not on the face of things, but inside of my cosmos (which is me, yours is you).

I take that back, on the face of things, too. I mean, I did, after all, quit my job a couple of weeks ago. Just up'n quit. No safety net, just my own talents. I mean, I have them (so do you), but I don't use them efficiently (neither do you, well you over in the corner, you do, but not all of you), because of trying to keep up the farce of 'employment'.

It was simply taking too much of my precious energy, without true reward. I was giving of myself, but not to myself. I see that now. I could complain about the reasons I gave my coordinator, all valid, true, but undeserving of rumination.

Instead, this little drop of time, this period of drought, has been washed cleaned and revitalized of this dry, odd, winter with a drenching of life-giving rain.

Seemed the right time to blog about the little dormant seed in my universe, which took advantage of a crack in its tough coat and decided to burst forth. I'll nurture it for all I'm worth, for it is all I have to feed myself.

protective seed coat
only holds the germ so long
it wills itself out



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails